fredag 25. november 2016

Battle Report # 10 Rahn 1 vs Vladimir 1

Exordium

I have been waiting a long time for this match. This is the second match I have had against Khador. No matter how good Khador is, there aren`t that many players in Oslo, Norway that plays them. Boy did my opponent bring a hardcore list, I was afraid from the first second. But luckily I got to play Rahn. As so many other, my opponent had managed to find the points for Orin. Oh as I hate that model. I hate him with an intense and strong hatred. 


As so many other, my opponent had managed to find the points for Orin. Oh as I hate that model. I hate him with an intense and strong hatred. 


Lists

Retribution Army - 75 / 75 points

(Rahn 1) Adeptis Rahn [+26]
 - Chimera [8]
 - Chimera [8]
 - Discordia [18]
 - Sphinx [13]
 - Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
Mage Hunter Infiltrators (max) [13]
 - Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander [6]
House Shyeel Battle Mages [10]
House Shyeel Battle Mages [10]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
House Shyeel Magister [4]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [3]


Opponent

Khador Army - 73 / 75 points

(Vladimir 1) Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Prince [+28]
 - Behemoth [24]
 - Juggernaut [12]
 - Torch [18]
Winter Guard Infantry (max) [11]
 - Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]
 - Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard [4]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]
Winter Guard Infantry (max) [11]

 - Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]



Pre Battle deployment and thoughts

We were playing the scenario, Entrenched. We roll to se who goes first, my opponents wins the roll-off. Opts to go first. I look at the board, and choose to pick the side with two forest terrain pieces.  Between the rocket bonanza the khadorian infantry can dish out, and Behemoth`s blast damage. All the extra dice on the attack rolls I had to up my defence. Mages standing on defence 17 is no joke.


Round 1



My opponent measured out Chain Blast ranges, and moved his infantry very conservatively on the right side, the left flank got a few more running winter guards. Jacks, caster and of course Orin moved up. Placing Vlad in a trench. And Orin within three of Behemoth, Juggernaut and Vlad. The turn got passed to me.

I tried some new tactics, trying to clump up my Infiltrators to avoid the blast damage. Since the Infiltrators are stealth, and Rahn decides deviation directions. In a world with pre measurement you should be able to measure 14 inces. I failed, and Torch got a flare on the only model he could on the Eyriss group. And one on a second group. Also for some reason or another, in my mind, I thought I could telekinesis my Chimera over the wall. That was a huge mistake and later cost me the chimera. 

 At least I placed the mages correctly. Both my jacks in position to do work, with Discordia imprint up hitting bot jacks, some random models and Rahn.
Rahn casts Chain blast from the misplaced Chimera, kills one winterguard. Telekinesis the Chimera as good as possible behind the wall. Since I had given out max focus to the two arc nodes, Rahn was out of focus at this point. End of turn.


Round 2



My opponent ready to tear me a new one, picks up his dice and all hell breaks loose. He runs up with the winter guard on the right flank. Hits, 3 Infiltrators with Flare. Kills Eyriss, and leaves my Chimera on the left flank with 6 boxes. Turn ends.

I normally do all my thinking in my opponent's turn, I was kicking myself because of the Chimera on the left flank. I hit the tank hard, at this rate my opponent might start looking at my mages soon. I had to keep him occupied with other stuff, keep Discordia, my second Chimera and my mages safe.
I move him back, telekinesis an Arcanist up to repair him for 6 boxes. Kill 5 winterguard on the right side. and move my discordia up to spray and kill two models. Hoping I have saved the Chimera. I ran Lanyssa up sacrificing her for my Chimera. Feeling okay about my turn, I passed it over.


Round 3


The Rocketeers had already reloaded and were ready to punish me again. Khador cleans out my zone, kill Lanyssa, Chimera and my arcanist. Well that didn't go as planned. At least that unit is done, and my mages are still safe. My opponent feats, charges in the Torch and kills two Infiltrators. The rest of the Winter Guard kill my objektiv. Khador scores two control points. Turn ends,

Okay, I feel this is the turning point, tho my opponent is in the lead with attrition, and has scored 2 control points. I should be able to clear the infantry on the right flank. And kill a jack!
I telekinesis the jack and kill it with Sphinx. Clear a few infantry on the left flank. Discordia sprays then imprints, outside of charge range of my opponents jacks. I start to do some work on the left flank, that I have so far not been able to do anything with. I run the Magister in range for a combo smith on one of the jacks to knock it down and slam it over Vlad.
I charge two of my four Infiltrators, the two last run to give flank. One charges Vlad, and charges a Winter guard on the left side. Kill the infantry, and do a whooping 6 damage on Vlad. This was a good turn for me. Turn ends.

Round 4


My opponent wants to put the pressure, he sprays and shoots my Discordia, not real damage was put on her. one or two points. He charges up his Juggernaut to kill the Magister, and moves Vlad into the zone to dominate. Putting Orin even closer to my Discordia. Khador goes up to 3 Control points. Turn ends.

In my mind, i'm thinking I just won! I can feat and mess up the placement of Vlad's jacks. Clear both zones and score three control points, then lose a jack to Vlad. 4 - 4, then jut contest in my turn for the win. Or do it with style! I pick assassination! 

The remaining Arcanist hands out a focus to Discordia. She walks up and sprays Orin, needing 7 to hit on 3d6. She hits, boosts damage and kills him. Chimera runs up, telekinesis Vlad in position, then Mages go to work! 


Retribution wins!!


 Evaluation

Great game, and a great opponent! The game was very relaxed and interesting. I learned a few things this game. 
1. Rahn with feat is devastating.
2. Mages do short works of casters on feat turn.
3. Occupy your opponents army with Infiltrators work. 

I would love to have more games against Khadow. I'm sure my opponent will be back with a better list, and an even greater game!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar