fredag 25. november 2016

Battle Report # 8 Rahn 1 vs Sloan 1

Exordium

I have been waiting a long time for this match, an opponent that is miles better than me. Today's opponent is ranked as the best player in Norway, and just won ClogCon. So this guy means business. And his list isn't any less pleasant to play against than what you would expect. We discuss a bit back and forward, to I get enough and decide that Rahn is my main man, if anyone could do this, it has to be him!
Plus I need to learn how to play Rahn, this is the whole point in this exercise.


Lists

Retribution Army - 75 / 75 points

(Rahn 1) Adeptis Rahn [+26]
 - Chimera [8]
 - Chimera [8]
 - Discordia [18]
 - Sphinx [13]
 - Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
Mage Hunter Infiltrators (max) [13]
 - Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander [6]
House Shyeel Battle Mages [10]
House Shyeel Battle Mages [10]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
House Shyeel Magister [4]

Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [3]




Opponent

Cygnar Army - 74 / 75 points

(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
 - Grenadier [9]
 - Grenadier [9]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]


Pre Battle deployment and thoughts



We were playing the scenario, Entrenched. We roll to se who goes first, my opponents wins the roll-off. Opts to go first. I look at the board, and choose to pick the side with a trench. I can't possibly stand in the open against a weapon master that shoots twice with RAT 8. With Rahn, and his defence 15. This is one of the first games I go into without a plan, I guess assassination is on the table. But I anticipate my opponent standing safe. I don't have enough damage for to kill all these light jacks. But I guess I have to stand and take one in the face, and then assassinate.

Round 1




My opponent runs up, and gets ready to kill everything, a few Infiltrators are already in range to be shoot right of the bat. But most are out of range, 22 inch threat range is sick, but thats the world we are living in.



I stood there wondering what to do. Its my first round, and I have already lost a few models. This is going to be brutal! I walk up with a few models, run up with others. Make sure to be in position for next turn. I place Rhan in a trench, with two jacks infront of him, outside of the trench, with Discordia imprint up. It's time to take on the cheek!


Round 2

Picture is from my opponent's side.

Let me keep this short and simple, Sloan feats, and shoots two times at Rahn, missing one, rolling for 11`s on 3d6. All hunters shoot twice, 1 connect and do some damage. The turn is over, Sloan is standing in the open, and Rahn has feat and mages left. My opponent looks at the table, and coincides the game.


Retribution wins (I can't comment how much I deserve that win)!!



Evaluation

Short game, and to be honest I didn't kill a single model. But I got a feel for how Rahn defends into Sloan. Sloans shooting is super strong, and with field marshal true sight, it gets hard super fast. But the game was to shoot to draw any conclutions. Time for game two!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar