fredag 25. november 2016

Battle Report # 9 Rahn 1 vs Sloan 1

Exordium

So we redeploy and start a new game. Two games in one, that's a great deal. My opponent is hungering for revenge. So we discuss some more, talk a bit about the matchup. My opponent, that has proven his knowledge of the game, tells me that Rahn has game. So we try again.




Lists

Retribution Army - 75 / 75 points

(Rahn 1) Adeptis Rahn [+26]
 - Chimera [8]
 - Chimera [8]
 - Discordia [18]
 - Sphinx [13]
 - Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
Mage Hunter Infiltrators (max) [13]
 - Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander [6]
House Shyeel Battle Mages [10]
House Shyeel Battle Mages [10]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
House Shyeel Magister [4]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [3]



Opponent

Cygnar Army - 74 / 75 points

(Sloan 1) Captain Kara Sloan [+28]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
 - Grenadier [9]
 - Grenadier [9]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]

Trencher Infantry (max) [16]


Pre Battle deployment and thoughts


We were playing the scenario, Entrenched. We roll to se who goes first, I win, and decide to go first. Just to see what the difference is against Sloan. My opponent was to see how he plays into an opponent with an advantageous side, and terrain.

This time around, I want to challenge my opponent a bit, and play different from what he is used to. Playing the normal waiting game against Sloan isn't going to work. He will eventually shoot me off the table. I have yet to play Rahn offensively so I am perhaps even more surprised then my opponent. Live and learn!









Round 1


Okay, I know that hunters hit hard, and accurate. Their threat ranges are huge, because why not it's after all Cygnar, and I don't want to lose my mages. The only way for me to go out hard the first turn, is to run my Infiltrators as far up as I can. And threaten my opponents hunters, while Eyriss can threaten my opponents caster. If my opponent wants any ground, he needs to pay for it. I guess defence 16 should be okay, and they most likely wont take any blast damage, since I decide deviation direction. The rest of my movement is business as usual. Jacks up to block Rahn, mages up as far as I can without making them good targets.


My opponent makes short work out of my Infiltrators, tho Eyriss managed to stay alive. Sloan and her army doesn't need to move, so they stay put. And wait for the next turn they can shoot. This game is for sure all up to what your opponent does. 

Round 2


I'm not sure if this is the right play or not. But I was empty right now. So Rahn feated and killed trenchers. Both mage units killed and I got some damage on my opponents jacks. Not enough tho... Sadly I did a mindless mistake her, I walked up my Discordia to kill a single trencher. Why I felt like this is good play I cant answer, but thats what happened.

Mages got replaced with proxy unit, mhsf.

My opponent feats, kills off me misplaced Discordia. The Magister got killed, a Chimera died. And my opponent moved up to contest the zone.

Round 3


I wish I had my feat for this turn, but it's already spent. I move up my jack and kill one of his, but still lacking a few attacks on the objektiv. I would like to start scoring this turn, but i cannot.


My opponent really wanted to remove my last heavy jack, and so he did. This meant that I as this point and on, only have Rahn, and pow 10 force bolts, and p+s 11 mages left.

Round 4


My opponents jack gets a handful of mage knuckles in his face, plus a telekinesis to get moved out of the zone. The second jack get moved out of the zone and turned around by Rahn. Still the damn objektiv is standing in the zone. The right flank mages move up and his stuff.


The picture says a thousand words. My opponent keeps shooting my army, and its dwindling away at an alarming rate.

Round 5



With no jacks left, I run one arcanist into my own zone. And kill the damn objektiv, a little too late in my opinion. At this time I dont have an army left, and I`m already thinking about how to beat this Sloan list, I definitely need a different caster. I just cant see a solution with Rahn.



Rahn gets assassinated, and that's about it!

Cygnar wins!! 



Evaluation

Unlike the last game, this one was pretty long game. Im trying to see a way to play against Sloan. It seems like Rahn has to run up two turns, and that leaves Sloan one or two rounds for Sloan to just stand still and shoot his army. With true sight there is very few defensively possibilities, I have to rely on good terrain. Which leaves me with few to non options. But my opponent thinks Rahn has game into Sloan, and since he is without doubt better than me. I just have to get back to the drawing board, new plan and a few new games! Until next time man! I`ll get you eventually!!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar