torsdag 3. november 2016

Battle Report # 4 Ossyan 1 vs Cain 2

Exordium

This week so far, I have had two games. Both agains the same opponent. My opponent had requested to play against Ossyan, so he got what he what he was asking for. 

First off the bat, Id like to say that I don't believe Ossyan to be the big boogeyman people make him to be. In theory he's really good, in practice he's less than acceptable. He has a huge amount of problems, he's shooting units are either low powered, or less reliable to hit. He has no answers to stealth, or cloud walls. And his feat puts him in a very compromised situation. In perfect conditions, he will tear you a new one. But outside an utopian world, he will fail. Nevertheless I deployed my models and played.

On a side note, my opponents list looked like he in advance knew he was playing against Ossyan, and just him.

Lists

Retribution Army - 75 / 75 points

(Ossyan 1) Lord Arcanist Ossyan [+28]
 - Imperatus [22]
 - Discordia [18]
Mage Hunter Strike Force (max) [16]
 - Mage Hunter Strike Force Commander [4]
Mage Hunter Strike Force (max) [16]
 - Mage Hunter Strike Force Commander [4]
Stormfall Archers [9]
Stormfall Archers [9]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [3]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]


Opponent

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points

(Caine 2) Captain Allister Caine [+27]
 - Hunter [11]
 - Centurion [17]
 - Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator [4]
Trencher Infantry (max) [16]
Rangers [9]
Storm Lances (max) [20]
Gun Mage Captain Adept [5]
Journeyman Warcaster [4]
 - Firefly [8]
Ragman [4]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]


Pre Battle deployment and thoughts




What can i say sometimes, Ossyan is no fun not good against this. There isn't a single hard target in my opponent's army. There's a hunter that I will certainly kill. Perhaps my opponent makes a mistake, and moves hit Firefly up, and the cavalry's unkillable for my mages. Nor is anything within Ossyan feat range. My archers won't be able to get anything done this game. The trenches are dug in, and immune to blast damage, and rangers are stealth. Lets face it, power six isn't anything to write home about. So my game plan is to survive, and perhaps get an angle on Cain.

We used a random scenario roller application, and ended up on Recon. Both players are using Fucle Cach.




Round 1



Ossyan wins the roll, and ipts to go first. There isn't much to say, I run up with a unit of mage hunter strike force on both sides. With quicken on the right unit, and shatter storm on the left one. Discordia and Imperatus run up. everything outside of Cains threat ranges.


My opponent armed to the teeth against Ossyan, runs up most of his army. Rangers get Rhupert buff, so they go stealth. Trenchers walk up, and dig in. Cain stands as offensive as he can, without actually being in MHSF range.



Round 2


Here goes nothing, I need to do as much damage as I can this turn. And positioning is very important. Ossyan casts Deadeye on both MHSF units. Then walks 3 inces back. The unit with quicken walks up to the right of the forest, and kill the Hunter. Then shoots a ranger and skills it. Then get three shots on Trenchers. 

"Trencher need to be rebalanced. This is a unit that can do everything, they make cloud walls, dig in, brutal charge. Like that isn't enough, they can assault, have a good melee range and tough! "

I can't fully remember the tough count, but it was over average. Four out of five or something. I get a lucky roll and kill a Lancer.

Wishing this game would end soon, I tell myself that either I roll well and kill Cain, or I will lose the next turn anyways. So an Archer takes a shot at Cain, misses, and Cain moves two up, within kill range of Ossyan. It's not in my intention to forfeit the game, but I see one place Cain can stand, and 
luckily that spot is within admonition range of my Imperaturs. Activate trap mode!




My opponent measures up and down, back and forward. Sees the trap, after a few activations. Sadly my one MHSF is in range of Cain Charge, and isnt killed with two attack from Trenchers. Cain gets in, and kills Ossyan caping zero.

Cygnar wins!

Evaluation

There isn't much to say, as soon as i saw my opponents list. I knew I was going to lose this game. It was a sure thing!

Initiate the salt! I believe Cygnar is strong, perhaps even to strong. Cygnar infantry is broken ar som places, and close to other places. They are at least better than Retribution. I wish I had Trenchers, Lancers or Rangers!

Looking away from the Halye`s, that obviously are broken past oblivion. Cygnar still has a strong warcaster bench.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar